The 100th Human Project
Poor State of Health in America
The state of health in the United States is in crisis. Though we are the world's most powerful country with the most expensive healthcare system on earth, we rank at or near the bottom among other industrialized nations for our health, life expectancy, maternal health, infant mortality and overall healthcare systems.
The impact on our personal health is catastrophic. While healthcare costs to the individual have continued to rise exponentially, our quality of health has steadily deteriorated. Today:
- Half of all heart disease deaths are preventable
- Teens are being diagnosed with spinal issues due to texting
- 600,000 have back surgery each year and more than half fail
- 7 out of 10 Americans take at least one prescription drug
- Over half of the country's drug overdoses are related to prescription medications
Despite these dismal statistics, there is hope through chiropractic.
You may be surprised to learn that the chiropractic adjustment is a drug-free and safe way to treat the symptoms of hundreds of health issues
Chiropractic Addresses More Than Back and Neck Pain
Chiropractic care is used by millions of people around the world. It is a non-invasive, affordable and effective approach to addressing many health issues and symptoms. What we know:
- The body has a natural ability to heal itself
- The central nervous system (the brain and spinal cord) is responsible for communicating to all parts of the body
- Subluxations (when one or more spinal vertebrae move out of position) create stress on nearby nerves and thwart proper communication between the central nervous system and the body
- The safe and gentle chiropractic adjustment removes these interferences (subluxations) along the spinal vertebrae
- The removal of subluxations allows the central nervous system to properly communicate with all parts of the body, promoting self-healing and optimal function
Once you know that the central nervous system is connected to all other parts of the body, it's easy to understand how chiropractic can be used to treat the symptoms of many health issues, including common conditions such as asthma, cancer pain, ear infections, pregnancy, Crohn's disease and more. Learn more about how chiropractic can help with these conditions and more.
Though we see seemingly miraculous changes and improvements in patients' health daily, one of the largest challenges we face is the public's limited understanding of chiropractic care. Armed with our vision, that every human being discovers their full potential, we are committed to leading the charge toward the Chiropractic Tipping Point through the 100th Human Project. To do it, we need your help.
Understanding the Tipping Point and the 100th Monkey Effect
The Tipping Point: Coined by author Malcolm Gladwell, the tipping point refers to the point at which an idea or practice crosses a threshold and tips, spreading it far and wide.
The 100th Monkey Effect: This theory of social change is based on a phenomenon researchers observed in monkeys on the island of Koshima in Japan. One monkey developed a method of cleaning sweet potatoes and slowly the other monkeys began to imitate this behavior. Once a certain number of monkeys, hence the "100th monkey," developed this habit—it suddenly spread to all the monkeys. Even, inexplicably, to monkeys in other areas with no contact with the Koshima monkeys.
To hit the Tipping Point in Chicago, chiropractic needs to reach 1,350,000 patients.
Since 2007, Chicagoland
chiropractors have served