The foundation and heart of everything we do at Chiro One Wellness Centers is our chiropractic services, offered throughout the Chicagoland area. Used by millions of people around the world, chiropractic care is a safe, affordable and effective approach to addressing many health issues and symptoms.
More often than not, people wait for a symptom or crisis to appear before seeing a doctor or going in for a checkup. After diagnosis, treatment is typically drugs to mask the symptoms or surgery to repair or remove the issue. Though this can be effective, it is expensive and often doesn't address or resolve the root cause of the symptoms. Remember, symptoms frequently appear months or years after the problem began.
Chiropractic care addresses the cause of the symptoms, focusing on the overall health and well-being of the nervous system, the system that controls and regulates all body functions. Making sure your nervous system is functioning optimally helps keep you and your loved ones healthy.
Common Reasons for Visiting a Chiropractor
- Back, neck, shoulder, knee or other extremity pain
- Optimization of the immune system
- Poor posture
- Difficulty sleeping
- Stress management
- Childhood wellness checks
- As part of maintaining a wellness lifestyle
Making a cell phone call with poor signal strength can be difficult. That's what it's like for your brain and body to communicate with subluxations.
Chiropractic Helps More than Back and Neck Pain
Many people are not aware that chiropractic can help with the symptoms of many health-related conditions and illnesses beyond neck and back pain. To understand how chiropractic can help, it's important to understand the basics behind chiropractic:
- The body has a natural ability to heal itself
- The central nervous system (the brain and spinal cord) is responsible for communicating to all parts of the body
- Subluxations (when one or more spinal vertebrae move out of position) create stress on nearby nerves and thwart proper communication between the brain, central nervous system and the body
- The safe and gentle chiropractic adjustment removes these interferences (subluxations) along the spinal vertebrae
- The removal of subluxations allows the central nervous system to properly communicate with all parts of the body, promoting self-healing and optimal function
Chiropractic can be used to treat the symptoms of many health issues, including common conditions such as asthma, cancer pain, ear infections, pregnancy, Crohn's disease and more.
The Chiropractic Adjustment
Highly trained and educated doctors of chiropractic lead each of the Chiro One Wellness Centers and perform a technique known as the chiropractic adjustment. Using their hands, or at times a small instrument, the doctors of chiropractic apply a gentle, controlled force to the vertebra to eliminate subluxation.
Chiropractors Correct Subluxations
What is a subluxation?
As the result of physical, chemical and mental stresses, subluxations occur when one or more spinal vertebrae move out of position and create stress or irritation on nearby nerves, preventing the body from functioning optimally.
- Are often painless
- Can cause stress to the nervous system
- Can occur at any time or age due to various stressors
- Create dis-ease in the body, decreasing its ability to adapt to stress
- Decrease the body's ability to function at its optimal potential
- Accelerate joint aging
- Cause spine degeneration
- Can cause a chain reaction of other health issues
- Can cause biostructural and postural problems in children and aging adults
Why Chiro One Wellness Centers?
At our wellness centers across Chicagoland, our doctors work individually with patients of all ages to determine the appropriate stage of care and to design the right treatment plan to fit the patient's needs.
The Three Stages of Care
Throughout your wellness journey, you'll find yourself at different stages of chiropractic care. Each stage is tailored to your specific needs—and all stages work toward optimal health and well-being.
Most patients begin at the therapeutic stage and exhibit signs of pain and discomfort. Therapeutic care is designed to alleviate pain brought on by both chronic and acute injuries, such as sport injuries, auto accidents, work-related injuries and the micro traumas we experience every day.
Treatment may include:
- Specific adjustments for pain
- Active therapies/rehab
In this next stage of care, a patient is no longer feeling pain, but still presents structural abnormalities and improper posture. Common conditions are scoliosis and forward head posture, which can result in spinal degeneration and lead to abnormal pressure on the spinal cord and nerves.
Corrective care therapies can include:
- Specific biomechanical adjustments
- Mirror image adjusting
After patients have graduated from both the therapeutic and corrective care stages, they maintain their spinal health and overall well-being through preventative, wellness care. Often, infants and children are excellent candidates for this type of care.
Wellness care treatment includes:
- Wellness adjustments to maintain corrections
Beyond Chiropractic: Beneficial Products and Services
Alongside our chiropractic care, we offer a range of other health and wellness-based products and services to help you experience optimal wellness.
Products and services include:
- Scoliosis Braces
- Low-Back Braces
- Custom Orthotics
- Wrist & Thumb Braces
- Knee Braces
- Ankle & Foot Braces
- Personal Injury and Worker’s Compensation Support
Schedule your appointment today at one of our Chicagoland locations to learn more
Call 855-4-CHIRO-1 or schedule online