- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup organic steel cut oats
- 1 cup nuts or seeds (i.e., pumpkin seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds, etc.)
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit (i.e., figs, raisins, apricots, etc.)
Optional extras: vanilla extract, cinnamon, dark chocolate chips or nutmeg
- Melt coconut oil, honey, kosher salt and your choice of extras in a saucepan.
- Add in oats and stir to coat.
- Add dried fruit and fold into the mixture. Continue cooking on low heat for a few seconds.
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper. Leave the sides of the paper long.
- Add the mixture to your dish and spread evenly.
- Fold the parchment paper over the top of the granola while making sure to pack the mixture tightly and evenly.
- Refrigerate and cool overnight.
- Remove, cut into 6-8 bars, and then eat and enjoy!
Note: Liquid mixture may become foamy. If so, turn the heat to low.
Note: These no-bake bars can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.