We all deserve a sweet treat every once in a while! This easy oatmeal bake is a meal-prep giant; not only is it a wonderful breakfast option, but it can also double as a quick snack or dessert. And trust us—it’s as filling as it is delicious.
- 2 cups organic, steel-cut oats
- ⅓ cup local honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup strawberries
- ⅔ cup blueberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups organic, unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 10x10 casserole dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, half the dark chocolate chips, & half the berries. Stir well and pour into casserole dish.
- Add the other half of the berries & chocolate chips to the top of the mixture. Then, slice the banana & add to top.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg, honey, coconut oil and vanilla. Whisk thoroughly and pour on top of oatmeal mixture, soaking the oats evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve warm or allow to cool before refrigerating.