- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 head of kale, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 12 cups water
- 4 heads baby bok choy, bottoms chopped off
- Cut off the bottom of the stem from your mushrooms and discard. Separate the stems from the tops and slice them into large pieces. Only discard the very bottom of the stems and not the full stems, as they contain many nutritional benefits.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté onions for 5 minutes, and then add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add celery and mushroom and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add in all spices and water. Bring to a boil.
- Let it simmer, covered for 1 hour (or longer).
- Add bok choy and kale in the last 10 minutes of cooking to wilt.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip: Soup can be stored for up to one week in the refrigerator.