Stretching Before Your Day Starts
Shoulder stretching can help you release any major or minor neck and shoulder tension that may have developed while sleeping at night or may be lingering from the previous day. Incorporate this stretch into your morning routine and start your day feeling tension-free, loose and energized.
- Interlock your fingers, and raise your arms above your head with your palms facing upwards.
- Look straight ahead and keep your arms in line with your ears while relaxing your shoulder blades down your back (no shrugging allowed).
- Hold this position for five seconds while breathing in and out of your nose.
- Bring your arms toward your sides and roll your shoulders backwards and forwards.
- Repeat this stretch and hold for five full breaths.
Stretching Before Bed
Child’s Pose is perfect for loosening tight shoulders, releasing tension in your neck and stretching out your back. Releasing the tension of the day before allowing your body to rest can be ideal for someone looking to de-stress.
- Start by getting into position on your hands and knees, and sit back onto your heels with your arms extended.
- Keep your knees hip width apart.
- Bring your hands forward until you are nearly flat on the ground and relax your head to the floor.
- Stay in this position for 15 seconds and repeat as needed.