Motivate, motivate, motivate. Getting out the door is (more than) half the battle, right? Keep yourself motivated with some daily inspiration—these are the perfect pick-me-ups when you’re feeling like skipping that run.
- Sit down and write out your fitness plan for the week and hang it somewhere you’ll see every day (the bathroom mirror, your bedroom door, etc.)
- Make a visual representation of weight loss goals. For example, get two jars—one holds marbles for pounds to lose and one collects marbles for pounds lost.
- Put an inspiring quote by the door, hang a picture that represents health and fitness to you on the fridge, write out a fitness goal and tape it to the dash.
Change it up. Don’t do the same thing day-in and day out—anyone would get bored! Switch up depending on the season, your mood or just when you start to feel your dedication waning. Here are some ideas to keep it fresh:
- Consider hiring a trainer for a few sessions—see how you like it! It doesn’t have to be a long-term commitment; you’re bound to learn something useful.
- Sign up for a new fitness class you’ve never tried like Zumba, spin, hip-hop, Vinyasa yoga, barre or Kettlebell.
- Revamp your workout playlist and add in some energizing music to keep you moving. Not sure what tunes to pick? Ask friends what gets them going.
- In the spring and summer, scope out some local tennis courts and set up a weekly match with a friend. In the colder months, try wintry sports, like snowshoeing or cross-country skiing, or head indoors to play racquetball or rock climb.
Stop saying you don’t have time. You do! No one will argue that life gets a little hectic, but you should always make time for your health. Try these little tweaks to squeeze in some exercise.
- Take a good hard look at your schedule; where could you shave off a few minutes? Set your alarm just 15 minutes earlier, or skip the coffee run in the a.m. and just brew your own. See how many minutes you can add up and then set them aside for your fitness.
- You don’t have to go to the gym for an hour or more to get fit; stay home! Buy a jump rope, hula hoop and some 5 to 10 lb. weights and search for some great online fitness videos.
- Get your energy going early before you start your day—you only need 10 – 15 minutes to do quick, at-home workouts like 30-second rounds of jumping jacks, crunches, push-ups, wall sits, planks and squats.
- Literally schedule “appointments” to workout. You’d make it to a dentist appointment, right? Exercise should be no different.
- Need more inspiration? Head to our Be Well blog at www.chiroone.net/BeWell and click the category, “Exercise.”